|Fresh hydroponic tomatoes from last Saturday's Green Market with limes - |
ingredients for my favorite PICO DE GALLO recipe*!
- Eat a wide variety of foods during the day.
- Listen to your body’s signals of hunger and satiety.
- Use food to fill the emptiness in your stomach, not your heart.
- If the meal isn’t delicious, it isn’t nourishing you.
- Favor foods that are natural and vital.
- Use herbs and spices liberally as both flavor and health enhancers.
- Eat with awareness.
- Good food is the basis for a healthy life and the prevention of obesity-related diseases.
- Plan family dinners every week.
- Let your children help in the kitchen.
- Take walks together.
- Support your local farmers and local farmer markets.
*You can find my kid-tested and approved PICO DE GALLO recipe in the first book, NOURISH AND FLOURISH, from the Growing Healthy Kids project to reverse childhood obesity at www.amazon.com