- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup white onion, diced
- ¾ cup carrots, diced or shredded
- ¾ cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 28-ounce can fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute onions, carrots, and celery in olive oil. Cook about 6-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add herbs, potato, vegetables, crushed tomatoes, and broth. Cook about 20 minutes.
- Add beans and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Remove bay leaf. Cook about 5 minutes and serve.
Make some cornbread muffins* or serve with sour dough bread if you live near a great bakery!
Preventing diabetes never tasted so good!