|Locally grown tomatoes make the flavor on veggie burgers really pop!|
|3 Seed Burgers starting to cook|
- Lentils are easy to cook; they are fully cooked in 20-30 minutes.
- They don't need to be soaked in water overnight.
- They are very inexpensive.
- They can be cooked a day or two before making the burger recipe and are just as good as if you cooked them the same day.
- · ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- · ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- · ¼ cup unhulled sesame seeds (or substitute hemp seeds)
- · 1 cup cooked green lentils
- · 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- · 2-3 tablespoons tomato paste
- · ¼ cup diced onions
- · 2 tablespoons tahini
- · 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- · Pinch of cayenne pepper or smoked paprika
- · Optional: Add 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten and/or 1 tablespoon coconut aminos*