- Count the number of ingredients. If there are more than 5 or 8 ingredients, choose something else.
- If you can’t pronounce the ingredients, they are not good for you.
- If food dyes are listed in the ingredients, don’t buy it.
- When buying breads and pastas, choose products with the word "whole" as part of the first ingredient (as in "whole grain oats") and with 4 or more grams of dietary fiber per serving (this is known as "The Nancy Rule").
3. Go for walks after dinner with your children. This habit will help improve digestion, lower insulin and blood sugar levels, and promote a better night’s sleep.