|Look for dark chocolate that is 70% or more cocoa. Your blood pressure will thank you!|
- Have a small piece of dark chocolate every day to keep your blood pressure under control and forego eating the whole bar of milk chocolate.
- Shop first at your local farmers market.
- Make half of your dinner vegetables.
- Have fruit for dessert.
- Eat more fish, especially wild salmon.
- Enjoy small servings of nuts or nut butters with celery or whole grain crackers for snacks.
- Read food labels and avoid foods with more than 10 grams of sugar per serving.
- Live like a lean European, not like a fat American.
- Be active every day. Eat dinner together as a family.