- Put into a large pot of boiling water and cook 4 minutes:
- 4 ears of fresh corn, shucked
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow or red onion (we used a Florida sweet onion)
- 1 avocado (optional)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
Open, drain, and rinse:
- 1 can black beans
- Juice of 4-5 limes
- ¼ cup Mojo marinade
Thanks to Veggies of Vero (www.veggiesofvero.com) for supplying vegetables used in the preparation of this recipe. Fresh Corn Salsa received the Growing Healthy Kids' Seal of Approval on February 25, 2012 from the kids with Youth Guidance Mentoring & Activities Program. As Ginny Rhodes, Program Director with Youth Guidance fondly says, “We LOVE Veggies of Vero!”
- An ear of corn averages 800 kernels in 16 rows?
- More corn, in weight, is grown worldwide than any other grain?
- half an ear of corn has about 15 grams of carbohydrates (if you have diabetes, this is about 1 serving of carbohydrates)
Enjoy this recipe and stay tuned for many more. We’re working on something REALLY BIG for our readers all around the world.
|One of our Master Gardener volunteers teaches a girl how to slice peppers.|
|A boy concentrates on chopping cilantro for the FRESH CORN SALSA.|