Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year, New Commitments, New Results: Tip One


My dear friends,

Growing Healthy Kids is a movement to educate Americans about reversing and preventing childhood obesity. Act boldly and BE the solution. Since today IS the first day of your life as well as the first day of 2011, make the new commitment to get new results. So here is Tip One for _______'s (fill in your name) A New Year, New Commitments, New Results: Make one SMART health goal every week in 2011. What is a SMART health goal, you ask? It is a goal that is Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-Specific. As an example, I'll share my own SMART health goal for Week 1: I will weigh myself on Monday 1/3/2011 and Thursday 1/6/2011 at 6 AM and record my weights in my logbook. If I gained any weight while I was on my family vacation last week, then I will commit to eat smaller portions at dinner on Monday through Friday this week. Now, make your first SMART health goal for 2011, write it down, and tell someone what it is so you have an accountability partner!

You can help Growing Healthy Kids, Inc. reach more adults and children with our education programs to halt and reverse childhood obesity. Our first annual event - A Fusion of Fashion and Fun - will be held on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 in Vero Beach, Florida. Who do you know who will purchase a ticket to this great event and become part of our movement to prevent obesity-related diseases (like diabetes and high blood pressure) in children? Go to http://www.irculture.com/gala.cfm and scroll to the bottom to purchase tickets.

For more information about Growing Healthy Kids, Inc., click on http://www.growinghealthykids.me/.

To your perfect health.
Nancy Heinrich
Founder, Growing Healthy Kids

PS - The first ten people to share their 2011 week one SMART health goal in the "Comment" section below will receive a copy of the new Growing Healthy Kids e-book, "Tips for Growing Healthy Kids - and Families."