Monday, August 30, 2010

The Recovery is Now Tour


Paradise Greetings,

When someone asks you how you are, what do you answer? "OK"? "Not bad"? "Could be better?"

I'd like you to meet someone who was so injured in a bad mountain bike accident that he died and had to be revived. I'd like you to meet a friend of mine who is showing people how to live. I'd like you to meet the man who taught me how to answer the question, "How are you?" His name is Jerry Christensen.

If you know someone who has had a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), please tell them about Jerry and what he is doing. Jerry started a nonprofit organization called Brain Shift Foundation after developing a process called The Recovery Method. Jerry is now biking across America to show people how to live on purpose, with purpose, especially people with TBIs and Post Traumatic Stress Disorders. His story is remarkable and inspiring. He is changing lives. Maybe he will change yours!

Last summer Jerry was here in Vero Beach and he stopped by the Sebastian Boys and Girls Club with me before we planted the first teaching gardens there last fall. You can see by looking at his hat why Jerry is known as "The Brain Guy"!

Next time you see me and ask me, "How are you?", guess what my answer will be? "I'm perfect!"

Here's the link to Jerry's site and his The Recovery is Now bike tour across America (coming soon to a city and state near you):
http://www.2010rint.org/

Growing Healthy Kids - improving the health - and lives - of America's children, one child and one garden at a time.

To your perfect health.
Nancy Heinrich
Founder, Growing Healthy Kids



PS - Thank you to Donna Anselmo, author of the brand new book, Marketing Demystified, for your brilliant ideas tonight to launch the next Growing Healthy Kids project!