- A house filled with love and respect
- A kitchen where kids can learn to cook
- A family dinner table to eat together as a family most nights of the week and to share gratitude
- Hugs and laughter (unlimited quantities)
- Fresh, seasonal vegetables and fruits (more vegetables than fruits)
- Regular bedtimes so kids get enough sleep every night (key to helping kids AND adults stay at a healthy weight)
- The habit of turning off all computers and digital devices at least one hour before bedtime
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
WELLNESS WEDNESDAYS: The Recipe for Happy, Healthy Kids
"Most cooks try to learn by making dishes. Doesn't mean you can cook. It means you can make that dish. When you can cook is when you can go to a farmers market, buy a bunch of stuff, then go home and make something without looking at a recipe. Now you're cooking."
What are the essential ingredients that parents need to ensure their children are both happy AND healthy? Keep the following ingredients on hand at all times:
By keeping your house and pantry well stocked with the above ingredients, you are well on your way to ensuring your children are healthy for their lifetime.
Wellness Wednesdays is celebrating its 300th article for parents with this recipe. As we approach our nation's Independence Day, celebrate your family and create your own recipes for healthy foods, healthy children, and healthy lives.
Connect with local farmers at your local farmers markets.* Teach your children about the benefits of eating locally grown foods from farmers who use non-GMO seeds and organic farming methods. Celebrate health. Celebrate life!
Founder, Growing Healthy Kids, Inc.
*To find a farmers market near you, go to www.localharvest.org or click here.