- 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oi
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced·
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt and black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (I recommend Ceylon cinnamon)
- 1 14-ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic paste (optional)
Add oil, shallots, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently,
Add squash, salt, pepper, curry powder, and cinnamon. Stir. Cover and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, maple syrup and chili garlic paste.
Bring to a low boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until butternut squash is fork tender.
Use immersion blender and puree on high until creamy and smooth.
Taste and adjust seasonings. Cook a few more minutes over medium heat.
Serve with lightly toasted pumpkin seeds and smoked paprika.
Growing Healthy Kids -- working to improve the health - and lives - of America's children, one child at a time.