Friday, January 21, 2011

First Lady Goes to Walmart and Lowers Prices

Yesterday's news had a great photo of First Lady Michelle Obama in front of a beautiful produce display in a Walmart store announcing the lowering of prices on fresh fruit and vegetables. This is a great step for helping American families purchase more fruits and veggies.

Solving the childhood obesity challenge requires strategic planning and the First Lady is able to get the attention of America's largest retailer. Congratulations to her!

Now, when Walmart (www.walmart.com) is ready to get to work improving the health of its own employees, just give me a call. My number is 772.453.3413. Every time I shop at Walmart for things for my healthy cooking classes to show people how to eat healthy AND economically, I engage in conversation with employees there and I always hear the same thing: "I sure wish I could go to your classes. I have diabetes and I could really use some help."

Solving the childhood obesity challenge requires that adults lead by example. Walmart, are you listening?

Growing Healthy Kids, Inc. is a movement to improve the health - and lives - of America's children, one child and one garden at a time.

To your perfect health,
Nancy Heinrich
Founder, Growing Healthy Kids

For tickets to our first annual event - A FUSION OF FASHION AND FUN - in Vero Beach, Florida, go to www.IRCulture.com/gala.cfm.