|Kids enrolled a Growing Healthy Kids education program |
meet local farmers in Vero Beach, FL.
- High blood pressure and high cholesterol, which are risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
- Increased risk of impaired glucose tolerance, insulin resistance, and type 2 diabetes.
- Breathing problems, such as asthma and sleep apnea.
- Joint problems and musculoskeletal discomfort.
- Fatty liver disease, gallstones, and gastro-esophageal reflux.
- Low self-esteem and lower self-reported quality of life.
- Social problems such as bullying and stigma.